akalli

Event item modifications

2 wishes (or 2 questions)...whichever applies

This may seem silly, but it would be really nice to be able to change the word 'RSVP' the users click to sign up for an event. If what we want to do is post our training classes and make them available to whoever wants to sign up, then the wording RSVP just doesn't make sense to me. "Enroll now" or "Sign up" seems more appropriate and easier for the people signing up to understand what they need to click.

Also, if we put a limit to the number of people that can register for a class and the maximum gets reached, it would be great for the word "Full" to be displayed prior to the time the user clicks RSVP. Ideally it would be displayed at the beginning of the Title or subject, where it's very obvious to the user. I do understand that if we would like to make waiting lists available, then we would want the users to click on the link for the full class.

Can either of these be accomplished now?

Andrea

Edited by akalli

Hi Andrea. Thanks for your questions/suggestions.

I'll answer the second one first about what people who are signing up for an event see when the registration limit is reached.

If you set a registration limit when you set you the event invitation, you can also choose to create a waiting list.

If you don't create a waiting list and someone tries to sign up after the registration limit has been reached, they see in red text in the event action rsvp form that the event is full.

If you do create a waiting list and someone tries to sign up after the registration limit has been reached, they see in red text in the event action rsvp form that the event is full and they can sign up for the waiting list.

I just tried this out and the red text is definitely appearing in the sign up form. The key is to be sure and set a registration limit. If you have set a limit and you know for sure that people are not seeing the messages that the event is full when the sign up limit is reached, let us know and we can explore what might be going on.

If you haven't already looked through the help for invitations, you might take a look at a couple of the topics:

How to invite people to events

How to manage responses to invitations and bookings

For your first point about having the response text say something besides RSVP, that's a great suggestion. I will definitely file a feature request.

Connie / User Assistance

Hi Connie,

Thank you for your reply. Actually, I did test out the "This is Full" feature and I'm really happy that you guys can accomodate a maximum per event. However what I wanted to know is if the words "Full" (or whatever) can be displayed to the user before they click RSVP, like maybe on the calendar view. It's really not a big deal, I just thought I would ask.

Andrea :huh:

Hi Andrea. Sorry for gassing on about something you already understood.

That's a very reasonable suggestion about seeing that it's full before someone bothers to click the RSVP link.

I did add your other request to our feature request list and I'll put this on in there too.

Thanks again for your suggestions. glad you're using the feature.

Connie / Trumba UA

Here's another question. It's about displaying the email address of the person/s that RSVP (sign up) for an event. Where is this easily displayed to the contact person? Ideally, this information would be sent to the contact person when they get the email that someone has signed up for the event. Is it someplace that I'm not seeing?

Andrea

Amended---I think you have to add the names to your address book first, then you can see the email addresses. Is that accurate?

Edited by akalli

Hi again Andrea.

Actually, each responder's email address is readily available in the Event Invitation form. Pause the curor over the responder's name in the Invited Person list and you'll see the person's email address.

And of course you can also add anyone who signs up for an open invitation to your Address Book.

Hope that helps.

Connie / Trumba UA

Thank you Connie for your help. I did see that the information came up with the mouseover but I'm looking for something I can easily get into Outlook. No worries...we'll figure it out.

Thanks again,

Andrea

By the way, KUDOs to you guys for making such a great free product! Unbelievable functionality and VERY easy to use.

Hi Andrea. Thanks for your complements about the product. So glad you like it and that it's working well for you.

I saw your post about Vcard also and am actually looking into some stuff about export which I'll get back to you about.

Connie

You guys are the best!

Also, I'll be posting the Trumba/SharePoint information on the blogs I participate in. Hopefully you'll get some new business out of it!

Andrea

Hey Andrea,

Thanks so much for your wonderful endorsements and enthusiasm. I saw your other post about SharePoint -- it sounds pretty snazzy!

Jill / Trumba UA

Guest peaceiscoming

I too am so impressed with the product, I'm downright giddy! What would put me over the top for good is the export of subscribers to my calendars, rsvps, and my addressbook. For example, I'd like to export rsvp's to an event with name/email and copy/import into another app to create a snazzy guest list.

Should I keep my hopes up or by chance is this avialble now?

Thanks and congratz!

Edited by peaceiscoming

Hi peaceiscoming. I hope you haven't gone on thinking we never answered your post.

In our forum event described here, we lost a few days of posts, including the long one I made in response to your questions about exporting from invitation lists and the address book.

Export from the address book is a feature that will be available very soon so look forward to that.

At the moment, a real smooth approach to exporting an invitation list that works in all browsers is not yet available.

However, there is a sort of complicated approach you can take if you use Internet Explorer as your browser and Microsoft Excel.

I'm going to write up that approach and post it in the Knowledgebase. I"ll add a link to that post in this thread very soon.

Sorry for the delay. Hope you didn't feel abandoned.

Connie

Hey!!! It looks like you guys changed the word "RSVP" to "Sign up" on the individual calendar items!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! This will be so much easier for those people that want to sign up for an event to know what link or button they need to click on. Now it makes sense.

Andrea

Hey Andrea,

Thanks for posting -- sometimes this forum is the best place to learn about our product! ;) I'm glad the change makes it easier for people to know how to accept the invitation.

Jill / Trumba UA

Hi Andrea (and Jill).

We're trying to shift the terminology in the UI and Help etc. away from the invitation approach and toward event registration. Getting RSVP changed to Sign Up was the first big step. Glad it makes more sense.

Connie