Sign in to follow this  
akalli

Address Book export as vCards would be nice

Hi,

Our company offers classes to the public, so our events are open invitation. I can see that when people sign up for a class we can add them to the address book. However, to take it a step further it would be great to be able to then get those names and addresses into Outlook by way of a vCard function from the Trumba Address Book. The majority of the time the people who sign up are new customers and it's a bit cumbersome to get that info into our Outlook Contacts. Just a thought. vCard technology is a internet standard and hopefully would be easy for your developers to implement...maybe??

This would be great and would cut down on some of the steps that encompass the workflow process. What do you think? You guys up for something like this? I'm surprised this hasn't been asked for in the past.

Andrea :huh:

Hi Andrea.

I just had a long talk with a developer about the whole problem of getting entries from the Trumba address book into Outlook.

We are currently working on lots of new address book features, including the ability to export, so you should have more options soon for getting new contacts into Outlook.

Can you also describe a little more fully what your process with Vcard might be? It looks like with Vcard you could only move one contact at a time from Trumba to Outlook. Is that one-off thing what you'd be looking for if we did support Vcard?

Thanks very much again for the good suggestions.

Connie

True, a vCard is for a single item. However, with Outlook, if I wanted to send someone several contact vCards at one time I simply select whatever contacts I need, go up to Actions, and select forward as vCard. Of course this functionality might not translate well if trying to implement the same feature in another application. In Outlook, this feature is great for probably around 50 contact records or less. More than that and it's best exporting the info out to an excel file or an Outlook .pst file. For our needs the vCard functionality would work great because each of our classes can only have up to 10 people, therefore the list of enrollees would be small enough to select them all at once for export as vCard...if this was a feature you guys offered.

Does that help?

Andrea