8 replies to this topic

#1 wyndwoman

wyndwoman

Advanced Member

• Trumba Community Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 01:22 PM

I love the news template and can think of lots of great ways to use it, but it occurs to me that it needs a new widget. It would be like the "upcoming events" widget, only instead of displaying x number of future events, it would display x number of past events.

Waddya think?

#2 Jill

Jill

• Trumba Community Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 09:28 AM

Hi wyndwoman,
Interesting. Can you give an example of when you'd want to use it?

Jill / Trumba UA

#3 wyndwoman

wyndwoman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 05:08 AM

Hi wyndwoman,
Interesting. Can you give an example of when you'd want to use it?

Jill / Trumba UA

Sure.

I have a calendar called Social Justice Alerts, which I've formatted as news. The Social Justice Committee chair can post things whenever she wants and the page on our website will update immediately. She'll use today's date when she posts them. (www.concorduu.org/social_justice2.htm)

On the front page, I want to have an index of the social justice alerts that will list the "headlines" for the last three things that were posted. It could be called something like "Recent items from Social Justice Alerts." The upcoming events widget won't work because there won't be any future events on the social justice page, only today and things in the past.

Make sense?

#4 Jill

Jill

• PipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:14 AM

Ah, yes, makes complete sense. Yes, such a thing could even work well for our own What's New calendar. :)

Thanks for cluing me in!

Jill / Trumba UA

#5 wyndwoman

wyndwoman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 10:55 AM

Yes it would work well for you! So, since Trumba has a vested interest... when might we see that in production? :P

#6 Jill

Jill

• PipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 08:36 AM

Ha ha, very sly, wyndwoman! :)

Jill

#7 wyndwoman

wyndwoman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 06:22 AM

Hi Jill,

I'm dredging up this old post because it wasn't clear to me whether you were going to add this to the list of requested features.

I find myself actually pining for such functionality. I've got 3 site that would benefit enormously from it.

<big sigh - large puppy eyes>

Lorraine

#8 Jill

Jill

• PipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 08:47 AM

Hi Lorraine,
Thanks for resurrecting this topic. I had intended to log it on the feature request list after I last posted, but when I went to look, it wasn't there! I'm so sorry. It could be that Anne or Connie did, and I just didn't search for the right terms, but I also definitely just added a new request, with a link to this topic and your example. I'm really sorry that I messed this up! I don't have any info from dev to pass along yet, but I'll let you know when I do.

Jill / Trumba UA

#9 Steve A

Steve A

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 11:23 AM

Hi-
Not sure if you have heard, however we've made a “newsworthy” improvement to Trumba Connect! Most of our calendar spuds and promotion spuds can now be configured to display events going into the past. This allows our promotion spuds and calendar views to be used to publish news and announcements in addition to events. Within the settings for the Calendar and Promotion spuds, we now have a descending option along with the ability to specify a start and end date (going backwards)

Posted Image

I hope you will find this a useful enhancement!
Thanks,
Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users