Sign in to follow this  

Date Finder / Page crawler

Hi,

1) I'm not able to put up my date finder onto my webpage. The width is always out. Is there anyway I can set it right? I've tried using the web's margin to set but it's still not ok.

2) After loading up the page crawler, my webpage seems to take awhile to load up. anyway to reload the page faster?

3) I know of some calender web, which after viewing the calender, the user just need to click "Home" & it'll link back to my original homepabe. Is there anyway to set this "homepage" link in your calender?

Thanks,

Daphne

Edited by daphne

Hi Daphne,

Here are some responses to get you started:

1. You can control the width of the Date Finder by putting it into a table cell or a div that you set up. You might want to take a look at Tips for optimizing the display of spuds for more info about this.

2. Is your crawler spud on a page with other spuds? Usually if you embed a lot of spuds on a page, it slows down a bit. Hopefully the changes that we talk about in our New changes in spuds post will help resolve some of this. If you want to post a link to your page with the crawler, we can take a look and see if anything else is going on. You can send it to me via personal message if you don't want to post it publicly.

3. Right now you can't set a specific home page to go back to. However, if someone clicks an event from a spud to see the event details, the event details include a link to your page that has the embedded calendar. What you could do as an alternative is specify your home page in the Web link field of the Event form when you create events. Or you could use HTML in the Notes field to add a link and specify different link text (such as "[organization name] Home").

I hope that helps a little. Let me know if I can clarify anything.

Jill / Trumba UA

3. Right now you can't set a specific home page to go back to. However, if someone clicks an event from a spud to see the event details, the event details include a link to your page that has the embedded calendar. What you could do as an alternative is specify your home page in the Web link field of the Event form when you create events. Or you could use HTML in the Notes field to add a link and specify different link text (such as "[organization name] Home").

I hope that helps a little. Let me know if I can clarify anything.

Jill / Trumba UA

I think adding a variable similar to TrumbaTeaser (TrumbaETPhoneHome???) and displaying a HOME button in the spud if it's not NULL is an AWESOME idea...

Yeah I know you wanted to push the new spuds today and a last minute great idea isn't in the best interest of a quality product at deadline, but... :unsure:

Jeff "One More Feature" Andle

That's funny, Jeff. Anne and I mused about that exact way to do it after I posted yesterday.

We appreciate your comments whenever you want to make them. We have lots of deadlines, so just because it didn't make it into this one, doesn't mean it can't in the future. :)

Jill / Trumba UA