• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rutgergeelen

rutgergeelen
  • Trumba Community Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 03:34 AM

hi Trumba,
I'm looking for the query string to automaticly upload ics calendars in Trumba from my site. I see you do provide the string for atom and rss. Do you have a html ics url query string?

Regards,

Rutger

#2 Jill

Jill

• Trumba Community Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:01 PM

Hi Rutger,
To access the .ics version of your Trumba calendar, use
http://www.trumba.com/calendars/yourcalendarname.ics

If your calendar isn't published, when you try to access this URL, you'll get prompted for your user name and password.

Here's some more info about how this URL works depending on the browser you're using: calendar .ics version.

If this isn't what you're looking for, could you clarify where you want to upload .ics calendars, whether these are .ics calendars you created in another program, and any other details about what you want to do? Thanks!

Jill / Trumba UA

#3 rutgergeelen

rutgergeelen
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 12:01 AM

Jill,
thanks for your response. I'll have to clarify my question. What I'm looking for is a query script that imports a puble calendar file into trumba from a third party website. I'll use the script of Googla calendar is an example. For Gcal this is script is: http://www.google.co...dar/render?cid= if I then add a public ical address to this script eg http://ical.mac.com/...rgeelen/All.ics then this results in http://www.google.co...rgeelen/All.ics. If I put this scirpt on my webpage and a visitor clicks this link it opens his/her google calendar and imports the public calendar. What I'm looking for is the first part of this script for Trumba.

regards,

Rutger

Hi Rutger,
To access the .ics version of your Trumba calendar, use
http://www.trumba.com/calendars/yourcalendarname.ics

If your calendar isn't published, when you try to access this URL, you'll get prompted for your user name and password.

Here's some more info about how this URL works depending on the browser you're using: calendar .ics version.

If this isn't what you're looking for, could you clarify where you want to upload .ics calendars, whether these are .ics calendars you created in another program, and any other details about what you want to do? Thanks!

Jill / Trumba UA

Edited by rutgergeelen, 31 July 2006 - 12:10 AM.

#4 Jill

Jill

• PipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 02:34 PM

Hi Rutger,
Oh, that is different! : ) Unfortunately, although you can specify an URL when you are importing a file while you're already signed in to your Trumba account, there isn't a way to go to Trumba and import the calendar all at once.

Also, it almost sounds like what you really want to have people do is subscribe to your calendar. When someone clicks the Subscribe link on your calendar, they can choose to add the calendar to their Trumba mix-ins. With what we call importing, the calendar imported into Trumba does not remain connected to the source calendar. In other words, if anyone imports your calendar, it becomes static, and any updates you make won't appear in their Trumba accounts. Does subscribing sound close?

Jill / Trumba UA

#5 rutgergeelen

rutgergeelen
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 01:46 AM

Hi Rutger,
Oh, that is different! : ) Unfortunately, although you can specify an URL when you are importing a file while you're already signed in to your Trumba account, there isn't a way to go to Trumba and import the calendar all at once.

Also, it almost sounds like what you really want to have people do is subscribe to your calendar. When someone clicks the Subscribe link on your calendar, they can choose to add the calendar to their Trumba mix-ins. With what we call importing, the calendar imported into Trumba does not remain connected to the source calendar. In other words, if anyone imports your calendar, it becomes static, and any updates you make won't appear in their Trumba accounts. Does subscribing sound close?

Jill / Trumba UA

Jill,
thanks that is what I mean. Subscibing is best but import is very good. Do you have such a script?

regards,

Rutger

#6 Jill

Jill

• PipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 10:52 AM

Hi Rutger,
I'm sorry I wasn't very clear on that part of it. No, right now there isn't a way with Trumba to do what you described originally with the Google script. I have submitted this as a feature request, though.

Jill / Trumba UA

#7 rutgergeelen

rutgergeelen
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 11:31 AM

Hi Rutger,
I'm sorry I wasn't very clear on that part of it. No, right now there isn't a way with Trumba to do what you described originally with the Google script. I have submitted this as a feature request, though.

Jill / Trumba UA

Thanks Jill

Cheers

Rutger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users