Jill

Round two of beta spud testing

Hello again, wonderful Trumba spud users,

We released a new version today, and it includes fixes for some of the issues that you discovered in the beta spuds over the past week. Hope you get a chance to take another look. The spuds are still in beta, and you can still get to them by editing your HOSTS file, as described in our original post. If you want to know more about changes we're making in the calendar spuds and how to test them yourself, see New changes in spuds -- see them before we release.

My initial post there contains instructions for Windows users, and Troy posted instructions for Mac users separately: Spud test on Mac OS.

If you have any new issues or observations to let us know about, please post them on this thread. We want to try to keep this next "phase" separate from the first one as much as we can. Thanks a lot, and thanks so much for testing out the new spuds!

Jill / Trumba UA

I've got some strange new happenings on my web site www.lakotawestbands.org. If you go to the calendar page on the site with the window maximized, the calendar looks fine. If you then reduce the size of the window, the text on my web page below the calendar ends up hiding the bottom of the calendar. I'm sure there's a more technical way to state this, but hey, I'm doing the best I can!

- Gary

I've got some strange new happenings on my web site www.lakotawestbands.org. If you go to the calendar page on the site with the window maximized, the calendar looks fine. If you then reduce the size of the window, the text on my web page below the calendar ends up hiding the bottom of the calendar. I'm sure there's a more technical way to state this, but hey, I'm doing the best I can!

- Gary

Gary,

Great catch. I've fixed the bug with resizing. I'll let you know when the fix pushed to the site for testing.

-Troy

Gary,

By the way, when you get a chance please try wrapping your Trumba Crawler Spud SCRIPT tag with a transparent DIV to fix the white-space. Here's what it should look like.

<div style="background-color:transparent;">
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.trumba.com/k.aspx?calendar=LakotaWestBands&widget=crawler&events=20">
</div>

-Troy

Edited by Troy

Troy, I can't get the DIV to work. Here is the spud as I'm entering it:

<script type="text/javascript">

var trumba_teaserBase = "http://www.trumba.com/calendars/LakotaWestBands";

// customization variables

var trumba_CrawlerWidth = "750px";

var trumba_CrawlerFontSize = "8pt";

var trumba_CrawlerFontFamily = "Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif";

var trumba_CrawlerFontWeight = "bold";

var trumba_CrawlerFontColor = "#cccccc";

var trumba_CrawlerHoverColor = "cc0000";

var trumba_CrawlerBackgroundColor = "black";

var trumba_CrawlerBorder = "none";

var trumba_CrawlerSpeed = 35; // smaller numbers are faster (up to a point)

</script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.trumba.com/k.aspx?calendar=LakotaWestBands&widget=crawler&events=20">

</div>

When I enter this, I get a black cell four times higher than usual, and the rest of the page below it does not load. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks, Gary

What am I doing wrong?
My bad, you need a closing script tag e.g. </script>. Here is the correct segment.

<script  type="text/javascript"  src="http://www.trumba.com/k.aspx?calendar=LakotaWestBands&widget=crawler&events=20"></script>
</div>

Edited by Troy

Troy,

You just made the mistake of assuming you were dealing with someone who knew what he was doing! I've added the closing script tag and it works great. THANK YOU!

Is there a revised ETA for the new spuds?

Thanks, Gary

We're shooting for Wednesday assuming we get the thumbs up.

-Troy

Can some one tell me why my Upcoming Events Spud gives anyone an error message when they click a link. It tries to take them to my main Calendar and not the sport cal. I have another spud on the same page for a scroll to the main calendar and before Wednesday afternoon, they were working well together but now they are not behaving.

Is there a problem with 2 spuds being on the same page???

http://www.eastburkehigh.org

Thanks in advance!

ww

Can some one tell me why my Upcoming Events Spud gives anyone an error message when they click a link.

ww,

Yes, I can tell you why, it's a bug. I've fixed it and we will push a new version today to fix this. Apologies for the inconvenience.

-Troy

I love my new spuds. Thanks!
Ditto on that!

Hi guys,

Add me to the list. A huge thank you to Troy for all his help on the forums while doing his awesome spud work! :)

Jill