dtsipian

Customizing Upcoming Events spud?

Is there any way to remove the Calendar Name Header from the Upcoming Events Spud? It is redundant since the events are on the organizational web site but more importantly, atleast for me, our name is too long and takes up alot of space. I'd love to just have the events.

Here's a testpage so you can see what I mean. Upcoming Events spud is on the right under the mini calendar.

http://stsconstantine-helen.com/index2.asp

Thanks!

Demetri

Edited by dtsipian

Hi Demetri,

Thank you for asking about this. I see what you mean! I'm sorry there isn't a way to change this part of the spud right now. But we're working on more extensive customization, and I'll gladly add your request to the list.

Jill / Trumba UA

Can we add our own images to the Upcoming Events (and other) spuds? Can the "Powered by Trumba" be removed when you have the Pro version? It uses real estate that we can not afford to waste.

Hi aaa.

When you have a Pro account, the Powered by Trumba doesn't appear at the bottom of the Upcoming Events spud.

At the moment, there is no way to add images to spuds. I can certainly add this to our feature request list.

Connie

Is there any way to remove the Calendar Name Header from the Upcoming Events Spud? It is redundant since the events are on the organizational web site but more importantly, atleast for me, our name is too long and takes up alot of space. I'd love to just have the events.

Demetri

In fact there is a way to do it. There are three variables you can define in order to hide various Upcoming Spud items. The following script block shows how to hide the header, footer and border surrounding the Spud. These variables need to be delcared before your Spud, i.e. the k.aspx reference.

<script type="text/javascript">
var trumba_UpcomingHideHeader = true;
var trumba_UpcomingHideFooter = true;
var trumba_UpcomingHideBorder = true;
</script>

If I were to modify your page to hide the header then I would have the following Spud reference:

var trumba_UpcomingHideHeader = true;
var trumba_teaserBase = "http://stsconstantine-helen.com/Content/Pages/Calendar.html";
</script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.trumba.com/k.aspx?calendar=schcalendar&widget=upcoming&events=4"></script>

Make sense?

-Troy

Troy;

Thanks for the response!

Makes sense! I've made the changes as suggested but the header is still there. Take a look when you get a chance. Did I do something wrong?

Demetri

I've made the changes as suggested but the header is still there. Take a look when you get a chance. Did I do something wrong?

Demetri

You did nothing wrong, I did. I had the capitalization wrong. You need to spell upcoming with a lower case u.

var trumba_upcomingHideHeader = true;
var trumba_upcomingHideFooter = true;
var trumba_upcomingHideBorder = true;
</script>

-Troy

This also answers my question. It allows me to hide the default header and then add in my own header. Thanks for the info! Are there any ways to customize fthe fonts (colors, sizes, styles, etc.) in the upcoming events spud?

This also answers my question. It allows me to hide the default header and then add in my own header. Thanks for the info! Are there any ways to customize fthe fonts (colors, sizes, styles, etc.) in the upcoming events spud?

There is no way to customize the fonts or other contents of the Upcoming spud at this point We are working on these very issues at the moment so you should see some progress in the future.

-Troy

Troy;

Thanks for the response. I've made the changes and it works great!

Please let us know when we can format the spud. Will I be able to apply a CSS to a spud or just specific formatting?

Demetri

Troy;

Thanks for the response. I've made the changes and it works great!

Please let us know when we can format the spud. Will I be able to apply a CSS to a spud or just specific formatting?

Demetri

Sorry Demetri, it's too early to tell you exactly how you'll be able to customize the spuds.

Sorry Demetri, it's too early to tell you exactly how you'll be able to customize the spuds.

Hi, new to Trumba and these forums. They are a great resource.

I would also be eager to do a little CSS to customize the link colors of the upcoming spud to match the site(s) I might be adding it to, a la the upcoming events crawler variables.

Is there a page that lists all of the variables for the spuds in one place? It seems strange not to have these HideHeader, etc variables not on the "5/Done" Publish page, or at least linked directly from there.

Thanks,

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Welcome to the forums! Excellent question. And timely, because we'll be starting the work on documenting the new spud API this week. So, hopefully we will have that published list of variables soon. We'll definitely post a topic about that when it's available.

Sorry I can't offer more at the moment, but thanks for posting and hope to see you again. :)

Jill / Trumba UA

I can't tell you how helpful this was.

I had set up a calendar called "public events," which had only some of the events from the main calendar - the ones we wanted to advertise on the front page of the site. With the full upcoming spud on the front page, the title was kind of confusing and awkward, especially since I changed the teaser variable to point to the main (full) calendar.

Now, without the header, it's clean and unconfusing. Way cool!

http://www.concorduu.org/default2.htm (this is still a test page.)

Edited by wyndwoman

Thanks, wyndwoman! I'll make sure Troy sees your post.

You're right, it is nice and clean without the header. I'm glad you're still checking in to the forums to get the latest tips!

Jill / Trumba UA

Hi Joe. Thanks for your question.

The crawler doesn't exactly have a header in the same way that the Upcoming Events spud does.

Here is how an Upcoming events spud looks with a header:

upcomingwithheader.gif

Here is how an Upcoming events spud looks with no header (or footer or border, in this case):

upcomingnoheader.gif

And here is how the crawler looks on a web page:

crawler.gif

There is no equivalent header on the crawler to hide.

Does that help or did I misunderstand your question?

Thanks.

Connie

Hi dtsipian.

We are in the near future.

Actually, the ability to do more customization on your calendar and other spuds has been available in Beta for a couple of weeks (explained here).

The features should go live as real non-Beta features later today.

Connie

Hi dtsipian.

We are in the near future.

Actually, the ability to do more customization on your calendar and other spuds has been available in Beta for a couple of weeks (explained here).

The features should go live as real non-Beta features later today.

Connie

Thanks for the reply! I've been playing with it and it works great! I'm bumming though! I love the product but with the recent changes, we can't afford it long term. Thanks for everything!

Demetri

Hi again Demetri,

I didn't see this til after I replied to your other post. I'm so sorry you won't be able to stay on with Trumba! Let us know if we can help you transition your data to a different product or if there's any way we can persuade you to stay on during the time period in which you can still pay $9.95/month.

Jill / Trumba UA