Sign in to follow this  
dtsipian

Repeating Event Invite?

I searched the forum and haven't found anything about this so...

We have alot of re-occuring meetings, that I want to set up once a year, so here is my request/question.

I am scheduling a repeating event, ie a monthly meeting, and I want to use the Event Invitation tab to invite and track responses on who will be attending. (This also serves as a great reminder!!)

I want to set this up one time and have the invite go out ( ie. 1 week) before the meeting, I want this to occur everytime there is a meeting (ie every month) Can I do this? I've tried but the invite info doesn't seem to populate into the future instances of the repeating events.

I'd like to also have the option to send a reminder as well. Currently the reminder would only be sent to the admin. I realize you can do some of this via individual calendars but I need to do this via individual event.

Thanks!!

Awesome product!

D

Hi D. Glad you like Trumba so far.

When you set up an invitation for a recurring event, the people you invite receive one invitation for the entire series at the time you create the invitation. They can choose to respond to all events in the series in the same way or to each event individually (ie, accept some, decline others). This is pretty much how Outlook works for invitations to recurring events.

To send an invitation before each event in the series, you would have to create each event and invitation individually at the moment.

I can definitely add a feature request that lets event creators choose whether to send one invitation for a whole recurring series or invitations for each event individually. Can't make any promises about whether or when it would be implemented but it's a neat idea.

You can't set up reminders to be sent to other people. However, you can send out one-time or scheduled calendar email messages that contain lists of upcoming events. You could set up a weekly scheduled email message from the calendar that contains the recurring event and add the meeting attendees to the distribution list. If you don't want the meeting attendees to have to see any other events that might appear on your calendar, you could create a separate calendar and also show the recurring event on that calendar. Then you could set up the scheduled email for that calendar.

I hope that all makes sense. If not, let me know. You can find more information about scheduled calendar email messages here: Send calendars by email. To show an event from one calendar on another calendar, click the event title. In the Event Information form, on the far right, under Also Shows On, choose the other calendar you want the event to show on.

One additional point.

Remember that to track responses to a recurring event, you have to look at each event in the series individually. People may accept some and decline others and the responses will appear in the Event Invitation form for each individual event.

Connie

Thanks for the clarification on the Repeating Event Invite.

Everything you explained does make sense.

However, I would request a feature enhancement when it comes to Repeating Events.

The beauty of your product is the simplicity and "hands off" power it gives the administrator. I think you need to extend this to Repeating Events. Although Trumba is quite capable of filling in all the various ways I want to work, it forces me to "touch" each Repeating Event to send out reminders and/or realistically scheduled invitations. (ie. I can't commit to attend a meeting 6 months in advance) Doing so now creates more work as opposed to less work. Having these capabilities built in as options when you initially schedule a Repeating Event would be a HUGE advantage and time/effort savings.

Please take my comments as they are intended, critisism to make a great product even better!

Thanks again!

D

Hi D. Thanks for your good suggestions. I did file a feature request and I'll talk with the developer about it as well.

As always, though, I can't guarantee when things might change.

Connie

Connie;

Thanks again! I'll wait and see. I love the product and I am getting lots of unsolicited compliments from our entire organization.

D

Hi D. Nice to hear from you again.

From reading our past exchange, I believe what you wanted to accomplish was sending an invitation to a repeating event and then being able to send reminders in advance of each occurrence.

If you have a Trumba Connect account, you can do that now.

When you invite people to a repeating event, you have the option of sending them one invitation to the entire series. In this case, the invitees have the option of accepting/declining all occurrences or responding to each occurrence individually.

When you set up the invitation, you can also set up event announcements and reminders. You can schedule these announcements/reminders to be sent a certain amount in advance of each occurrence of a repeating event.

To learn more about setting the announcements, reminders, and invitations, see Send event announcements, reminders, or invitations.

Connie

I just realized that I probably should have been a bit more clear in my previous post about the repeating event invite.

I said that you have the option of sending announcements/reminders for each occurrence of a repeating event "if you have a Trumba Connect account." To clarify, having a Trumba Connect account means having a "managed account" with us (i.e., your account is at the $99.95/mo. or more pricing level).

Connie