Sign in to follow this  
BenG

One calendar, 2 views on separate pages

I've searched a while for the answer, but can't seem to find it. My apologies if this has been asked before...

I've got one calendar that I'd like to embed in my website in two different views on two different pages. On one page I'd like the month view (already done this no problem). I'd also like another page that displays the info in table form. I know I can use the template chooser spud to do this on one page, but many of my less ambitious users don't make it that far....

I've seen where you can put certain options after the calendar name variable in the spud code, but I haven't seen where you can force a particular view when the calender loads on the page.

Is there a place where I can get that info (and perhaps any other customizing options I may have not thought of...yet)

Thanks.

I dealt with a similar issue on my website, www.lakotawestbands.org (check the calendar page). I have a straight forward monthly calendar showing on that page, but I also have a link that says "Create a Custom Calendar". In THAT view, the calendar displays "Mixed-In" Calendars and the search field.

I did this by creating another top-level calendar and displaying all the same sub-calendars from my main calendar. To do this easily, I have NO events in my top level calendars...only in the sub calendars. By the way, the displayed name that you give those two top level calendars can be identical. And since they share the same sub-calendars, a change in one sub-calendar shows up in both top-level calendars.

Okay I think I've confused myself. Hope this helps a little,

Gary

Thanks for the reply. I like your site. I may have to do something like that. It just seems like there would be simpler way.... here's hoping...

I found this post just now: http://forums.trumba.com/index.php?showtopic=416

It seems I should be able to add the tag "template=table" (no quotes) after the calendar name and it should open in table view. I just haven't gotten it to work that way yet. It just always loads in month view.

I'm using iframes. Here is the code in the iframe on the page where I want to see the calendar in table view:

<IFRAME id=TrumbaIframe marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 src="ataglanceview.html?calendar=ben_schedule" frameBorder=no width="100%" scrolling=no onload=SizeTrumbaFrame() allowTransparency></IFRAME>

and in the page referenced by the iframe script (ataglanceview.html) I have only this:

<script src="http://www.trumba.com/k.aspx?calendar=ben_schedule" type=text/javascript template="table"></SCRIPT>

All I get is the calendar in month view. I'm thinking this is just a syntax issue... that I'm not putting the tag in the right spot and I'll be kicking myself later for missing the obvious......

What am I missing here?

Thanks.

I've got one calendar that I'd like to embed in my website in two different views on two different pages. On one page I'd like the month view (already done this no problem). I'd also like another page that displays the info in table form. I know I can use the template chooser spud to do this on one page, but many of my less ambitious users don't make it that far....

Hi BenG,

You can add template=month (day, list, table, week) to the script.

So your script would read as follows:

Edited for small correction:

<script src="http://www.trumba.com/k.aspx?calendar=ben_schedule&template=month" type=text/javascript template="table"></SCRIPT>

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.trumba.com/k.aspx?calendar=ben_schedule&template=month"></script>

Gary's solution (republishing) is a great idea, for a slightly different issue. If you want to show a calendar published by itself on one site and published mixed in with other calendars at another site. That would be a perfect case for Gary's solution.

Hope this helps.

Anne / Trumba Support