mobile access/version

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 25 July 2005 - 12:40 PM

Is Trumba planning on coming out with some form of mobile access to the site in the future? Many people, myself included, schedule events on the go and don't always have a computer near by. However, we do have cell phones. I would greatly appreciate a mobile formatted version of the site that looks okay on my HTML capable smartphone. What might work even better is an SMS interface, where the user can SMS a special number with an appointment and it goes into your trumba calendar. That might be harder, but a mobile-formatted version of the site shouldn't be too hard, assuming you've put it together the way all web software books and tutorials tell you.

#2 Connie

Connie

• Trumba Community Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 01:49 PM

Hi Eric.

Thanks for your excellent suggestions. We're exploring options for offering those very services in the future.

Connie / Trumba User Assistance

#3 Steve A

Steve A

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:16 AM

The Trumba calendar spuds work well on many of the newer smart phones such as the iPhone and Android based phones. For these devices, it may make sense to create a separate calendar page that is formatted to reduce the amount of menus and clutter around the calendar spuds so the mobile user doesn’t have to zoom and pan as much to see the calendar. You may also want to reduce the amount of information shown in the calendar spud to further reduce the size of the view.

A good example of a Trumba customer doing this is the University of Tampa who has created a mobile calendar page with our spuds here: http://www.ut.edu/mo...t.aspx?id=13030. For older devices that do not support our javascript spuds, signing up for email, text message or RSS feeds may be a good alternative to the Trumba spud based calendar view.

Thanks,
Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users