Sign in to follow this  
Kimberly

Overriding "target" in HTML

Hello,

I've noticed that the target field for any HTML links in our calendar events appears to default to target="_blank" even when you enter something else for the target field. Is there any way to override this so that HTML links don't default to a new window? Sometimes this is nice, but I've also added links to events by venue, etc. (using the search feature), and I'd really like any links back to the calendar like this to appear in the same window.

Thanks!

Kimberly

Hi Kimberly. Thanks for posting to the forums.

At the moment, you can't control the target attribute in links. Any link you add to the Notes or other event fields automatically open in a new window. The target attribute actually gets stripped out if you add it in yourself.

I will add the ability to specify target="_self" or use some other means to allow a link to open in the same window to our feature request list.

I'm wondering though if you'd be willing to describe a little more fully why you want that to happen.

From reading your post, I think what you mean is that you add links in event notes fields to other events on the same calendar that take place in the same location? Have I got that right?

Thanks for any additional information.

Connie

From reading your post, I think what you mean is that you add links in event notes fields to other events on the same calendar that take place in the same location? Have I got that right?

Thanks for any additional information.

Connie

Yes, that's it. I'm pointing to other links in the calendar that occur in the same venue or in the same neighborhood. Sometimes I point to other links on my site too, but it's OK if those open in a new window. Links back to the calendar, however, I would prefer to appear in the same window.

Here's an example.

Thanks!

Kimberly

Thanks for the additional information, Kimberly.

I'll pass your information and example on to the developer.

Connie

That would be great - thanks so much, Connie!

Thanks for the additional information, Kimberly.

I'll pass your information and example on to the developer.

Connie