Sign in to follow this  
cecemel

search spud

Hello,

I was just wondering why the search spud we can include in our web page does not include the written "search" and the rectangle with the right colours as it does on the published calendar page. (hope you understand me)

Is it an easy way to automatically include it or no? I know I could do that manually, but I'm a little lazy...

Alternatively, would it be possible not to have it for the mix-in spud or the filter spud, so I could for example change the language used?

I hope it's not too confuse... I tried to add an image but it didn't work...

Thanks for your help anyway and your nice calendar B)

Hi cecemel. Thanks for posting to the forums.

You've asked a couple of questions.

Search spud

There is no way to add a header to the search spud, except for you to add it yourself through HTML coding on your Web page.

For example, take a look at the Tech Events Review site. They added a seach spud to the top of their calendar and added the heading Search Events in front of the spud.

Mix-in and Filter spuds

With Filter spuds, the heading seems pretty important since it describes what field you're filtering on. I'm not sure you'd want to change that much.

It's not possible right now to hide the headers on the Filter or the Mix-in spud.

We are in the process of developing more customization options for the spuds and changing how the spuds you embed look so look for changes in the not too distant future.

Connie

Hi cecemel,

Thanks for your good question. I do understand what you are asking, and it looks like you can't add the Search label to the spud right now. It also looks like you can't remove the header from the mix-in spud as you can from the upcoming spud (as Troy describes in this thread). I'll log a feature request for these things, though.

I do have some good news about the color of the rectangle, though. To allow your search spud to take on the color of your page, you can put your spud script inside a div with the background color set to transparent. Like this:

<div style="background-color:transparent;">
<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://www.trumba.com/k.aspx?calendar=[your calendarname]&widget=search"></script>
</div>

I hope that helps!

Jill / Trumba User Assistance

Hi cecemel.

I wanted to follow up with one additional point about filter spuds.

By default, a filter you set up uses the name of the field you're filtering on for the filter spud label. But, if you want to use something different from the field name, you can control that label during the publishing process.

In step 3 of the Web Publishing Wizard where you set up filters, in the Filter events by section, under Label, you can replace the field name with any name you want. The name you type will be the label that appears for the filter spud when you embed the spud into your site.

Connie

Hello,

Sorry for that long silence and thank you for your answers. :)

I found out myself about the filter spud and it's exactly what I wanted to do.

About search spud, here is a link to my calendar page to show you what I tried to do. IBK's calendar

It works fine with IE not so fine with Firefox. And I should use divs instead of tables, it's nicer...

The biggest problem I encounter is still the date format. That and some more customisation for languages and you will have a perfect Trumba international version ;)

Hi cecemel,

Wow, your search spud looks great! Also, I don't think it looks that much different in Firefox.

Do you have access to a Mac at all? I looked at it in Firefox and Safari. In Firefox it looked the same as on Windows, but in Safari the spuds weren't loading. I copied the HTML from the part of your page (the frame?) that has the spuds, pasted it into a new file, and the spuds displayed as expected (and the Search box looks good, as in IE). If you have access to Mac, you might want to take a look. I don't know if it's just the machine I'm working on and hope I'm not setting off alarms that aren't necessary.

I agree with you on the date format issue! We have many people who feel the same, and we do have plans to include international formats in the near future. I wish I could give more specific info about when.

Could you let me know if you are able to look at your calendar in Safari? I'll have some other people here take a look, too.

Jill / Trumba UA