Sign in to follow this  

event spud properties

hi, i've put up a temp page with the event spuds to show the next 2 upcoming events (at the bottom of the page) http://rootsmkt.com/index2.htm but the type color and size clashes with the design. I've read the posts saying that color controls were coming soon and wanted to check in since my client has been asking for this feature. Currently i'm updating it by hand which is a bit of a pain. Please let me know when this might be available or if it already is. Also will it be possible to control the font size?

thanks,

lisa

Hi Lisa,

Wow, your site is beautiful, thanks for posting the link! I'm afraid I can't give you good news now, though. The font/content customization of spuds is still in development. It's going to be quite the big deal when it's available, so we'll definitely be posting about it here. It might be a little while yet, though (i.e., possibly a couple of months).

I'm sorry the links clash with your site and hope you are still ok with using the spuds until the customization is available.

Jill / Trumba UA

It IS a great looking site. If it helps any, I don' think that the font color of the spud actually clashes with the design. You're right - it would look nicer in another color, but it's not a glaring flaw. The advantage to the blue is that blue is recognized as a hyperlink color, so it clues people in to click there. Another color might not be so obvious.

Also, removing the header/footer info improves the whole look and really integrates the spud into your site. Good choice.

I was wondering, however, why clicking on a spud link takes you to the entire calendar rather than directly to the event description?

One last unsolicited suggestion - on the page that has the calendar, you might consider adding some padding in the right hand cell (if it's a table - I didn't look to see if you're using tables/frames/css). It looks fine on the calendar page, but when you click on an event, the text snugs right up to the edges. A little space might make it look less crowded.

But overall - nice job!

(Hope this wasn't off-topic?)