Sign in to follow this  
iugradmark

Displaying Repeating Events

Is there a way to set up and display repeating events so that they do not show on every day? I would like to show in one of the list views events that repeat daily at the top or beginning of the month and not have them display on every day.

Hi iugradmark,

You can set multi-day events to display only on the first day or on every day (in step 3 of the publishing wizard for list-based templates), but we don't have a way to do this with recurring events. The only alternative I can think of is to make the event a one-time event that appears on the calendar on whatever day you want it, and in the Notes you list all the dates on which the event occurs. I'm sorry I don't have a better solution to offer.

Jill / Trumba UA

Could you add this to the request list, please. In list or Table view, I'd like the event to be listed once. In Calendar view, I'd like to see it every day it occurs.

Edited by GoBoston

Hi GoBoston,

As far as I can tell, this is how it behaves already. The choice for how to display multi-day events is available only with some of the list-based templates. So to do what you want, first choose the Table template in step 1 of the publishing wizard, and in step 3, set multi-day day events to show just once. You can then publish in whatever template you want, but if you switch to Table view on the published calendar, it'll use settings you chose in the wizard.

Jill / Trumba UA