Sign in to follow this  
Robert

Filter Spud

As a default, our filter spud has ALL the items checked when you first visit the page. I would like the default to be either NONE or just one item checked so that the viewer can add to the calendar if they need to. Is this still possible to do?

http://tinyurl.com/rz5cd

Thanks, Robert

Hi Robert. Thanks for your question and sending the URL to your web page.

Unfortunately, at the moment, all the options in a filter set for multiple values are checked by default. There is no way to change that default.

The Select All, None option at the bottom of the list makes it pretty quick and easy for viewers to get to just the selections they want but I do see your point about preferring to start with nothing or one option selected.

I'll file a feature request that publishers be able to choose the default state for options in a multiple select filter.

Thanks for your suggestion. Sorry I don't have an immediate solution for you.

Connie

Thanks Connie.

With regards to your point about the Select All, None

"The Select All, None option at the bottom of the list makes it pretty quick and easy for viewers to get to just the selections...."

On our page, when you select none, nothing happens to the calendar. It isn't untill you take another step of selecting the individual age groups withing the filter to begin to customize the calendar.

How can I make it so when the user selects None, it is reflected as none on our Clalendar?

Robert

Hi again Robert.

Thanks very much for pointing that out. I just talked to the developer, and when you click None under a filter, you should see no events on the calendar.

I'll get the bug filed and we'll get that fixed so you should see a change in that behavior soon.

Thanks again and sorry for the inconvenience.

Connie

Hi again Robert.

I discovered that I didn't give you complete information in my earlier reply about when you see the exclamation point on an event in your published calendar.

You see the exclamation point if you have the Display updates option set to yes and you update either the event description or date.

Just wanted to make sure my answer was complete.

Connie

Hi Robert. Thanks for your question and sending the URL to your web page.

Unfortunately, at the moment, all the options in a filter set for multiple values are checked by default. There is no way to change that default.

The Select All, None option at the bottom of the list makes it pretty quick and easy for viewers to get to just the selections they want but I do see your point about preferring to start with nothing or one option selected.

I'll file a feature request that publishers be able to choose the default state for options in a multiple select filter.

Thanks for your suggestion. Sorry I don't have an immediate solution for you.

Connie

I would second the idea of having this be a feature. It would be very helpful to be able to choose the default state of each mix-in.

Hi tiffany,

I know this topic has been about the default state for filtering, but because you said "mix-in" state, I'm jumping in just in case what you're looking for is possible now. If you want to set which mixed-in calendars are hidden by default, instructions for how to do that are here: Set the default mix-in state

I'm sorry for the false alarm if these instructions don't address what you're looking for.

Jill / Trumba UA

Hi tiffany,

I know this topic has been about the default state for filtering, but because you said "mix-in" state, I'm jumping in just in case what you're looking for is possible now. If you want to set which mixed-in calendars are hidden by default, instructions for how to do that are here: Set the default mix-in state

Jill / Trumba UA

Thanks, Jill - that ALMOST does what I need, but not quite.

In order to display the Mix-In categories in the order I wanted, I found I had to put them on the page as a separate Spud and not as part of the main calendar. Is there a way to control which items are checked in the mix-in display spud?

http://www.macucc.org/calendar/test.htm

Tiffany

Hi tiffany,

Yep, you can use the same mix= parameter in the URL for any of the spuds. To embed your calendar's mix-in spud with only the first top-level calendar checked, I used the following URL in the src attribute of the spud code:

http://www.trumba.com/k.aspx?calendar=macucc_calendar&widget=mix&mix=x010000

Also, I don't know if you know this, but you can turn off the mix-in control that embeds with the calendar in step 3 of the publishing wizard. Toward the top there's a setting called Display mix-in control, and if you turn it off, the only available control is the spud that lists the calendars as they're listed on the Trumba site.

I hope we're getting closer to what you're looking for! Your calendars look terrific, by the way. : )

Jill / Trumba UA

Hi tiffany,

Yep, you can use the same mix= parameter in the URL for any of the spuds. To embed your calendar's mix-in spud with only the first top-level calendar checked, I used the following URL in the src attribute of the spud code.

I hope we're getting closer to what you're looking for! Your calendars look terrific, by the way. : )

Jill / Trumba UA

hi Jill-

To answer your question in the other thread - yes, I ended up turning off the automatic mix-in list in the calendar spud and using the separate mix-in spud to get the list to appear the way I would like.

I am very close to getting what I want. Thank you for all your help! Just a couple questions/requests:

1) Is there a way to make the mix-in spud wrap so that it shows up in 2 columns? As you can see, I've got a pretty long list of mixed-in calendars and space to wrap it.

2) Is there a way to make the main calenders appear in bold in the mix-in list?

3) Is there any way to change the name "Mixed-In Calendars" at the top of the mix-in list? I just worry that people won't be familiar with the Trumba lingo. Just saying "Calendars" might be clearer.

http://www.macucc.org/calendar/test.htm

Thanks!

Tiffany

Edited by tiffany

Hi tiffany,

Unfortunately none of these three things is possible at the moment. However, at least two of them are in the works. You'll soon have a lot more style control, so I'm anticipating that making the top-level calendar text bold would be possible, and it's more likely that you'll be able to change the header to what you want (or at least remove it). It's a good point that not all of the calendar visitors will understand the lingo.

I like the wrapping idea a lot and will log a feature request for that. For now, though, you might try putting the mix-in spud underneath the Search spud and right-aligning it (it'll look better at that width, too). Then put the calendar into its own separate column to the left of the other spuds. I'm feeling a little vague, so I hope what I'm saying makes sense. If you like the idea but more explicit instructions would be helpful, let me know, ok?

Jill / Trumba UA