Jim Coffee

Can mixed load with just one displaying

Hello...

I manage the calendar for the Gold Beach Chamber. The way that we have this set up is multiple calendars are mixed into the master calendar...the master calendar is published.

When the master calendar is viewed by default all events are visible. I would like to have just the 'major event' calendar display...with the viewer able to mix in other calendars as desired.

Is this possible?

Thanks

-Jim Coffee-

ps: I love this product.

Hi again, Jim,

Thanks for using Trumba -- we're glad it's working for you! I *think* I can give you a way to do what you want, but let me mess with it and get back to you tomorrow (I know I said that in my other post, too, but I want to make sure that this is possible the way I think it might be). I'm sorry for the delay!

Oh -- can you tell me if your calendar is embedded into your site, or do you want it to display this way on the Trumba hosted site?

Jill / Trumba UA

Hello...

I manage the calendar for the Gold Beach Chamber. The way that we have this set up is multiple calendars are mixed into the master calendar...the master calendar is published.

When the master calendar is viewed by default all events are visible. I would like to have just the 'major event' calendar display...with the viewer able to mix in other calendars as desired.

Is this possible?

Thanks

-Jim Coffee-

ps: I love this product.

Hi again, Jim,

Thanks for using Trumba -- we're glad it's working for you! I *think* I can give you a way to do what you want, but let me mess with it and get back to you tomorrow (I know I said that in my other post, too, but I want to make sure that this is possible the way I think it might be). I'm sorry for the delay!

Oh -- can you tell me if your calendar is embedded into your site, or do you want it to display this way on the Trumba hosted site?

Jill / Trumba UA

Hi Jill...

Thanks for the quick feedback. I'm happy to wait a day. Not only is this calendar embedded in the Gold Beach Chamber website...it is embedded in Chamber Member websites. I would want just the main events coming up as a default on all embedded calendars...with all due respect I don't care about the Trumba published calendar...I try to keep folks from getting there. They go off site when they go to the published Trumba calendar. I appreciate the quick and excellent service.

-Jim Coffee-

OK, Jim, I think I have it.

To set a particular mix-in status, you need to add a parameter to the default URL in your script code. For example, if the URL is normally:

http://www.trumba.com/k.aspx?calendar='>http://www.trumba.com/k.aspx?calendar='>http://www.trumba.com/k.aspx?calendar=yourcalendar

you'd add the mix= parameter after the calendar parameter to set which calendars you want mixed-in by default. Like this:

http://www.trumba.com/k.aspx?calendar=yourcalendar&mix=n

To find the correct value of n, you go to the hosted calendar on Trumba and set the mix-in state you want to be the default. Then you copy the value of n to your embedded calendar URL:

1. Display your calendar at www.trumba.com/calendars/yourcalendarname
  2. Set the mix-ins the way you want them to be by default.
  3. After you set the mix-ins, a parameter appears at the end of the calendar's URL.
    For example, it'll say something like mix=-15.
  4. In a text/HTML editor, open the web page that contains your embedded calendar, and add the mix= parameter to your calendar's URL (inside the script tag).
    The entire script that embeds your calendar would look something like this:
    <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="http://www.trumba.com/k.aspx?calendar=yourcalendar&mix=-15"> </script>

I hope that makes sense! Please let me know if you run into any problems.

>>with all due respect I don't care about the Trumba published calendar...I try to keep folks from getting there<<

Ha ha! I completely understand. I think this is how most people (and how I would) feel. :) We're doing our best trying to evolve the spuds so that visitors stay on your site for everything calendar related...

Jill / Trumba UA