Event Sign-Up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 13 August 2006 - 12:44 PM

Our organization is searching for a new calendar and is strongly leaning toward Trumba, as we are very impressed with its features. We do have a couple of questions about its functionality, however.

We offer numerous classes and would love to allow people to be able to sign up for the event through Trumba. I am excited to see that you have a Sign Up option and realize I can do an open invitation to allow this. However, two questions:

1. Can the list of respondees be emailed to someone other than the person who has the calendar account? I would be solely responsible for adding and editing events on the calendar, but department heads/class teachers would need to be able to check the signup list--either by having new sign ups emailed to them or by being able to view the list/page of respondees somehow. It would be perfect for me to be able to enter someone else's email address when I setup the event invite for that particular event so that the names/# of people accepting could go straight to the person teaching the class.

2. When people sign up for an event/respond to an invitation, my understanding is that Trumba currently allows for email address & number attending only; are there plans to add a "name" box to the sign up page? I realize email address is sufficient when someone is truly responding to an invitation since presumably you known whom you are inviting, but when it's open invitation, having a name and not just an email address would be wonderful.

Please let me know if these features are available or are in the works.

#2 Connie

Connie

• Trumba Community Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:44 AM

Hi calmaker. Thanks for you interest in Trumba and for posting to the forums.

Let me answer your second question first.

When people register for open events, they are asked to provide both a name and email address. If the person already signing up has a Trumba account associated with the email address they use to sign up, Trumba uses the name associated with that account.

In response to your first question, I'm afraid there is currently no way to associate a specific email address with an invitation. If you choose to receive email messages when people sign up, the messages will all come to your email address as the Trumba account holder. You would have to forward the messages to the appropriate instructors.

The instructors could view the invitation list if you gave them your Trumba sign in information and let them sign in to your account. (It's just best if two people aren't signed in and making changes at the same time).

Or, the instructors could have their own accounts and send out their own invitations.

I hope that helps answer your questions. Sorry their isn't a simple solution to the first one.
Connie

#3 akalli

akalli

Advanced Member

• Trumba Community Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 01:32 PM

Actually, question #1 would be great to have. Even if only to add an additional email address so it gets sent to you AND another person would be fantastic!

Just my 2 cents.
Andrea

#4 Connie

Connie

• Trumba Community Expert
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:53 AM

Hi Andrea and calmaker.

The request to be able to send invitation responses to another email address is on our feature request list. As always, I can't make any promises about implementation but the request is there.

Connie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users