TeaserBase vs DetailBase

Singular

I created a sample sponsor calendar called "Sample". I mixed in all of the events from my calendar "asingularcreation" which is located on my web site. I added the code for "sample" on a different web site to test it. The calendar works, but the teaserBase URL, which I have set to the page where "asingularcreation" is located, is not working. When you click on an event, you remain on the same website.

So I tried putting the code from my main calendar "asingularcreation" with the correct teaserBase URL, on the other test web site. The calendar works, but if you click an event, it still won't take you to the correct web page. You stay on the other web page. 

Is the teaserBase URL designed to take the user to the calendar located within the site only? Or can it somehow take users to a different site, if that is where the teaserBase URL points?

If you actually want the event detail view to open in a page on your site, you want to use the detailBase rather than the teaserBase property on the Main calendar spud. The teaserBase URL is more commonly used on Promotion spuds.

So your spud code would like this using the detailBase and not teaserBase:

<script type="text/javascript">
$Trumba.addSpud({
webName: "asingularcreation",
spudType : "main",
detailBase: "http://www.asingularcreation.com/Lists/art-contests.htm" });
</script>

You use the detailBase property with a main spud to show event details in another main spud that's embedded in a separate page.

NOTE: The teaserBase property works with promotion spuds and allows you to open the event details page from a link in the promotion spud on your own site rather than the Trumba hosted page.

You might also want to use the openInNewWindow property to get the event detail to open on your site in a new window. The code would look like this:

<script type="text/javascript">
$Trumba.addSpud({
webName: "asingularcreation",
spudType : "main",
openInNewWindow: "true",
detailBase: "http://www.asingularcreation.com/Lists/art-contests.htm" });
</script>

MORE INFORMATION: Supported properties for customizing spuds.