Publishing Spuds Using SiteKreator

Has anyone successfully published a Trumba calendar spud onto a site created using www.sitekreator.com?

When I add the Trumba spud as a HTML snippet it seems to break their editor.

I contacted their support and they said that there doesn't seem to be any problems with the Trumba script but they don't offer support for embedding third party scripts.

Do you know if there's a way to either get behind the scenes of the regular SiteKreator editor or bypass it completely to see/edit the HTML code directly, rather than using the feature for inserting an HTML snippet? In the former scenario, I'm envisioning an "edit code directly" type of command. If that's not an option, I'm wondering if you have access to the actual files that make up your site? If so, you could use a text editor like Notepad or TextEdit to open the page into which you want to embed the Trumba spud. Once it's open in the text editor, you'll see all of its code, and you can paste the script into the appropriate location.

If you have access to the actual file and have opened it in a text editor, but you're not sure where in the code to put the spud script, let me know, and we can try to figure out what to do next.

SiteKreator doesn't have any of the HTML editing features you mention. I think this is done to keep the code controlled so that you can easily do things like change the template across the site without any problems.

Anyway - the SiteKreator team kindly looked into the issue and told me that the Trumba code does work with the Seasons, Minimalist and Standard templates. They offered to tweak the other templates for a reasonable engineering charge but I actually quite like the minimalist template and the site is progressing nicely.

SiteKreator ( http://www.sitekreator.com )really is a nice tool for anyone that wants a quick and easy yet professional looking site. I'm glad that it now works with Trumba whichis great for anyone that wants a quick and easy yet professional and powerful calendar 😉

Hi Andrew,

Wow, thanks for pursuing this with the SiteKreator team! And for letting us know which templates work. I'm glad one of them is one you like. The spuds look great on your site, too! Also, thanks for using our Help page to let your visitors know how to use the calendar. Feel free to post if you can think of anything we can do to improve that Help.

I looked into the SiteKreator site last week to see if I could find out whether there was a way to get behind the scenes, and I saw some of the featured sites. You're right it does seem like we share their philosophy of creating professional-looking site (calendar) quickly and without having to be an expert in HTML or other Web dev language. Thanks for making that association! :)

Jill / Trumba UA