Importing events into multiple calendars

ferg

I'm importing lists of athletic events for a school calendar. I want the events to be listed on the Athletics calendar but also show on calendars for individual sports. (That way we can publish a calendar for all the sports and also have web-links to pages for individual sports.)

How can I import the data and designate that it should appear on more than one calendar? (I don't want to have to go to each event in the calendar and edit the "Also Shows On..." calendar option.

I tried exporting an event with the Also Shows On function used and there didn't seem to be a field listed that I could use in my Excel spreadsheet.

You can add a column in an Excel spreadsheet that designates the calendar to put the event on when importing. The catch, though, is that the calendar that you import the events into must be a parent calendar of the existing calendars into which you want the events imported. Here's how it works:

1. In Excel, to the right of the event description column, create a new column called Calendar.
  2. For each event, enter the name of the calendar you want it to be placed on.
  3. Save the file as an .CSV or .XLS file
  4. Import the file into Trumba, and specify to import into an existing calendar that is the parent of all of the calendars on which you want the events.
  5. In the field mapping step, for the Calendar field, the default value is Calendar. Select Multiple Calendars from the drop-down list.
  6. When you click next, the preview summary lists the calendars on which the events will be placed. If in step 2 of the Import wizard you didn't select a calendar that already exists as the parent of these calendars, Trumba will create new calendars upon the import.