Mix-in calendars that others have shared with us

Why is it not possible for me to mix-in (for publish) a shared calendar with "read only" rights?

I want to mix-in (for publish on the web) calendars done by others, with a calendar I created (NOT with the primary calendar). It looks like those shared calendars have to be shared with full rights.

The idea here is to integrate calendars done by others into ONE SINGLE calendar, leaving the right for modifications to those other people. Right now, it seems like one must have full rights on those shared calendars to publish them. OK: that one person must be careful in doing NO modification to those shared calendars, but this kind of "scares" those who are sharing their calendars with full rights (instead of "read only" rights).

By the way, this is a great internet application, a killer in my opinion, with a lot of flexibilities and possibilities. Those who wrote this webcalendaring program had their mind well set: a great design!

Thank you for comments about Trumba. We do appreciate that.

What I have done when I have worked with folks who need to publish a dozen or more calendars but wish to have different people do the data entry is to have a "master" or "admin" account in which they set up the calendars and publish. And to use this "master" account to share calendars with edit rights with others so others can do the actual data entry.

It sounds like your scenario is a bit different. I will do some thinking and testing to understand it better and might come back with a question or two.

I think we're talking of the same thing: to have a MASTER calendar that is the result of MIX-IN with other calendars.

Now, what YOU suggest is that I create those sub-calendars and share them with others with edit rights. What I suggest is that OTHERS create their calendars and share them with me with "read-only" rights. Do you follow me?

I may be tempted, as the person responsible for the master calendar, to require rights to those shared calendars that belongs to others and that I want to mix-in, but WHY could I not MIX-IN FOR PUBLISH purpose a shared calendar with "read-only" rights?

This possibility gives responsibilities to the others: if activities are NOT there in the main calendar, it's THEIR problem, not mine 🙂

Is it possible to TRANSFER CALENDARS FROM ONE ACCOUNT TO THE OTHER?

Regarding your suggestion of "(we recommended) having an admin account that is used just for calendar creation, publishing and sharing and not for actual data entry", I came exactly to that conclusion, but since I've done it the opposite way, I'm stuck with all my created calendars in the wrong account (actually in my personal E-Mail account instead of my office E-Mail account).

But still, after thinking twice to this idea, I'm becoming more convinced that it would be better for me to create those MIX-IN calendars myself AND share them with edit rights to others ... yap, this is better. Good sharing on this one.

Jean Renaud said:
Is it possible to TRANSFER CALENDARS FROM ONE ACCOUNT TO THE OTHER?

It is possible to transfer calendars from one account to another and you can contact Trumba Support as they can do this for you.

It sounds like you have a home account and a work account. Do both accounts have real data in them? Is simply canceling your work account (assuming it is empty, of course, and it is a free trial account rather than one you have paid for), and changing the email address on your current account with all your calendars a workable solution for you?

If you have just a few calendars with information that you need to move out of your main account with the published calendars, then exporting and importing may be a reasonable solution. The .ICS format is better if you have recurring appointments, by the way.

Please let us know if you are set just with this information. If anything's confusing, if possible, it would be good to sort out prior to making changes so as to minimize the impact on published calendars.